Ronald Keith VerMeer
Ronald Keith VerMeer was born Jan. 13, 1940, in Oskaloosa, to Dick John and Florence (DeWitt) VerMeer. Ron was raised in Pella and graduated from Pella High School, Class of 1958.
Shortly after high school Ron began working for Rolscreen Windows in Pella. Ron was the 41st Rolscreen employee. He worked with Pella Corp. for over 40 years and for several years Ron worked in quality control. He retired from Pella Corp. in 2000.
Ron and Karen Beth Van Zee were united in marriage on Dec. 23, 1966. They shared many years of marriage and were blessed with one son Tim. Ron and Karen divorced in 1977.
Ron had many hobbies during his life which included bowling, golfing, hunting, NASCAR and local racing and playing cards. He loved watching his son in sports and was recently enjoying his grandchildren in sports and activities.
Ron died on Tuesday evening, Nov. 20, 2012, at the Griffin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Knoxville at the age of 72 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Dick and Florence VerMeer.
Ron is survived by his son Tim VerMeer and his wife, Jodi, of Knoxville; and two grandchildren, Keith and Charlie VerMeer.
A celebration of life gathering will be held from 1-3 p.m., on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, at the Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville. A private family burial will be held at Oakwood Cemetery of Pella at a later date.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Hospice of Pella or directed to the Winfield Funeral Home in care of Ron’s burial expenses. Condolences may be sent to www.winfieldfh.com. Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville is handling arrangements.
Ronald Keith VerMeer
- Harriet Wagner Funeral services for Harriet Wagner, of Pleasantville, were held on Thursday, May 9, 2013, at the Pleasantville Christian Church with Pastor Donna Murphy-Ceradsky officiating. Burial followed in the Pleasantville Cemetery. Musical selections of "Siss
- Pamela Emerson Services for Pamela Emerson, age 53, were Wednesday, May 15, at the Celebrate Community Church in Knoxville. Interment followed at the Greenwood Cemetery. Family received friends Tuesday at the Pierschbacher Funeral Home in Melcher. Memorials may be
- Joann Louise (Walker) Johnston Joann Louise (Walker) Johnston passed away on May 7, 2013, at Christian Community Home in Hudson, Wis., at the age of 86 years, 4 months, and 4 days. Joann, daughter of Benjamin Harrison Walker and Helen Marie Boylan, was born on Jan. 3, 1927, in Fo
- Bonnie Mae (James) Laird Bonnie Mae (James) Laird, age 55, passed away Saturday morning, May 11, 2013, at her residence of rural Chariton. She was born Oct. 4, 1957, in Knoxville, the daughter of Lyle Harry and Wanda Colene (DeMoss) James. Bonnie was raised in Knoxville and
Death Notice-Bonnie Laird
Bonnie Mae (James) Laird, age 55, passed away Saturday morning, May 11, at her residence of rural Chariton.
Death Notice-Pamela Emerson
Services for Pamela Emerson, age 53, will be Wednesday, May 15, at 10:30 a.m. at the Celebrate Community Church in Knoxville. Interment will follow at the Greenwood Cemetery. Family will receive friends Tuesday from 6 until 8 p.m. at the Pierschbacher Funeral Home in Melcher. Memorials may be made to the Marion County Humane Society or the Quality Home Care Professionals in Knoxville. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.pierschbacherfuneralhome.com.
- Mike Monteleone Mike Tony Monteleone, the son of Nicola "Nick" and Mary (Mediate) Monteleone, was born Jan. 10, 1932, in Pershing. He attended Attica High School. On Feb. 28, 1951, Mike was united in marriage with Delores Lucille Marshall in Newton. Newton would be
- Jonathon Him McCarty Jonathon Hime McCarty, age 23, was born Sept. 29, 1989, to Jon and Jody (Bonnett) McCarty. Jonathon left his family and friends to be with the Lord on Sunday, May 5, 2013. He is survived by his parents, Jon and Jody; his son, Owen, and a daughter, La
Death Notice-Mike Monteleone
Mike Monteleone passed away quietly on May 3, 2013, at the age of 81 after a two-month hospitalization. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 11, at the Pence ~ Reese Funeral Home in Newton. The family will greet friends from 6-8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be designated to the Jasper County Animal Rescue League and Humane Society and may be left at the funeral home.
Death Notice-Jonathon McCarty
Jonathon Hime McCarty, age 23, left his family and friends to be with the Lord on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
- More Obituaries Headlines