Tucson, Ariz. — Floyd Marvin Shotwell, 79, was born Feb. 8, 1933, in Knoxville, to Zelma and Floyd Shot- well. He died at home in Tucson Oct. 12, 2012. He served in the Army in Korea, then wed Mary Mintle of Grinnell, IA, earned a teaching degree and began a family. He taught HS business classes, became an insurance agent, then moved to Evergreen, Colo., and worked for years at the Little Bear Restaurant. He moved to Tucson in 1988 and worked at Target until his death. Marvin loved family gatherings, his pets, golf, sports and movies. He is survived by his brother Vernon of Florida, daughter Pam (Larry) Sherrod of California, son Randy (Kerri) of Tucson, son Craig of Colorado, grandkids Lauren, Jason, Lindsey, Zach, Dani and Nick, and great-grandkids Josh and Keira. A memorial will be held at 6 p.m. Oct. 22 at Adair Avalon Chapel, 8090 N. Northern Ave. in Tucson.
- Geneva Gass Geneva Veronica Gass, 93, passed away Friday, May 17, 2013, at Bishop Drumm Care Center in Johnston. She was born March 26, 1920, on a farm northeast of Lacona, in Rosemont Parish, to Frank and Suzanna (Heinen) Schurman. At the age of four she starte
- Fred Van Ryswyk Funeral services for Fred Van Ryswyk, of Pleasantville, were held on Monday, May 20, 2013 at the St. John Lutheran Church in Melcher-Dallas, with Pastor Kent Peck officiating. Burial followed in the Pleasantville Cemetery. Teri Carter, organist, shar
Death Notice-Doris Werts
Doris June Werts, age 87, of Knoxville, passed away Monday morning, May 20, 2013, at the Knoxville Hospital.
Death Notice-Geneva Gass
Geneva Veronica Gass, 93, passed away Friday, May 17, 2013 at Bishop Drumm Care Center in Johnston.
- Harriet Wagner Funeral services for Harriet Wagner, of Pleasantville, were held on Thursday, May 9, 2013, at the Pleasantville Christian Church with Pastor Donna Murphy-Ceradsky officiating. Burial followed in the Pleasantville Cemetery. Musical selections of "Siss
- Pamela Emerson Services for Pamela Emerson, age 53, were Wednesday, May 15, at the Celebrate Community Church in Knoxville. Interment followed at the Greenwood Cemetery. Family received friends Tuesday at the Pierschbacher Funeral Home in Melcher. Memorials may be
- Joann Louise (Walker) Johnston Joann Louise (Walker) Johnston passed away on May 7, 2013, at Christian Community Home in Hudson, Wis., at the age of 86 years, 4 months, and 4 days. Joann, daughter of Benjamin Harrison Walker and Helen Marie Boylan, was born on Jan. 3, 1927, in Fo
- Bonnie Mae (James) Laird Bonnie Mae (James) Laird, age 55, passed away Saturday morning, May 11, 2013, at her residence of rural Chariton. She was born Oct. 4, 1957, in Knoxville, the daughter of Lyle Harry and Wanda Colene (DeMoss) James. Bonnie was raised in Knoxville and
Death Notice-Bonnie Laird
Bonnie Mae (James) Laird, age 55, passed away Saturday morning, May 11, at her residence of rural Chariton.
Death Notice-Pamela Emerson
Services for Pamela Emerson, age 53, will be Wednesday, May 15, at 10:30 a.m. at the Celebrate Community Church in Knoxville. Interment will follow at the Greenwood Cemetery. Family will receive friends Tuesday from 6 until 8 p.m. at the Pierschbacher Funeral Home in Melcher. Memorials may be made to the Marion County Humane Society or the Quality Home Care Professionals in Knoxville. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.pierschbacherfuneralhome.com.
- More Obituaries Headlines