Pleasantville — Pleasantville Schools are delayed two hours on Wednesday.
- Local News
Video, Slideshow: GOAL graduates 15th class
GOAL Alternative High School in Knoxville held its graduation ceremony this morning.
Video, Slideshow: West Elementary Field Day
This morning, the students of West Elementary walked down the road to the Randy Wilson Track, to enjoy their annual field day.
Video, Slideshow: Flag Raising at Graceland Cemetery
A group of volunteers spent this morning hoisting the poles and raising the flags for the Memorial Day Avenue of Flags at Graceland Cemetery.
- Moro father-son share at Sprint Car 101 Featured guests at the Sprint Car 101 program of Thursday, May 16, were father and son, Tony and Matt Moro. With host Bob Baker, Hall of Fame Director, the evening started with a review of how each guest began his racing career. Both started out raci
- Alexander scores in the 800 Cody Alexander scored two team points for the Melcher-Dallas Saints at the 2013 State Track Meet in Des Moines. The Saints, competing in Class 1A had a seventh place finish from Alexander in the 800 meter run Saturday morning. He was timed in 2:04.60
- Knoxville Middle School kids help at state track meet Twenty six 7th graders and twenty six 8th graders spent Thursday and Friday at the state track meet working at the field events. I had the idea during my first year teaching at Knoxville. While we were at a rules meeting in Ankeny, I talked to one of
- Wellik earns Ed Thomas Football Award Andrew Wellik of Emmetsburg High School is the recipient of the third Ed Thomas Mr. Football Award presented by the Iowa Newspaper Association. Wellik was presented the award Tuesday, May 14 during an awards ceremony at the school. The Ed Thomas Mr.
- Band meeting for fifth grade parents If your child wants to join band, there will be an Informational Meeting for parents on Tuesday, May 28, from 6-7 p.m. in the KMS Music Room. This meeting is for any incoming sixth grader that is interested in joining band for the 2013-14 school year
- Panthers to host Rockets After opening with three games the first week, the Knoxville Panthers will play host to the Eddyville-Blakesburg Rockets May 30 at home starting at 4:30 p.m. The Panther softball squad will face the Rockets in a freshman contest, followed by a JV and
- Civil War Days set for this weekend On Saturday, May 25, you are invited to the Marion County Historical Village to experience a Civil War Day with the Army of the Southwest Iowa Reenactors. Admission is free to the all-day event, which begins at 7 a.m., with a pancake breakfast served
- More Local News Headlines
- Video, Slideshow: GOAL graduates 15th class